PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A WOOFS! CLASS
WOOFS! uses reward-based clicker training in all classes.
This cutting edge training technique enables you to train your dog efficiently and with lasting results.
WOOFS! does not use any force or intimidation training.
If you are looking for a traditional style of training, or are opposed to using food to motivate your dog, our classes will not be a good fit for you.
The policies listed on the following pages are designed to create a fun, safe and effective work environment for you and your dog. Please read through all of our policies so you will be prepared to start learning right away. We look forward to seeing you in class!
Class Registration Policies
REGISTRATION: You can register for all classes online. Payment is due before we can reserve your place in a class.
MISSED CLASSES: Please plan to attend all of your scheduled classes. In order to provide the best possible service, make up classes are not available. Please see your instructor to get information on what you will miss. If you know you will miss more than two classes in a session we recommend registering for a different class session.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND CLASS TRANSFERS: In order to get a refund, you must cancel your registration 6 business days before the start of class. No refunds will be granted after that date. If you need to transfer to another class, you must request the transfer 6 business days before the start of class. No transfer requests will be granted after that date.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: WOOFS! requires that all dogs enrolled in a class be up to date on their vaccinations. Puppies under 16 weeks of age are required to have at least one round of Distemper and Parvo (DHPP) vaccine. Adult dogs are required to have Distemper, Parvo and Rabies vaccination or comparable titers. Dogs cannot start class without proof of vaccination.
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: 4160 S Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington VA 22206
Class Operating Policies
- Classes meet at the scheduled time per week for 7 weeks (unless otherwise noted).
- Dates listed on the schedule are start dates. You will meet on the same day and time each week.
- You will need a regular collar and 6 foot leash. Harnesses and head halters are welcome. Choke chains, pinch collars and retractable leashes are not allowed in class. Leash should not have any attachments (keys, poop bags etc.).
- You will need a lot of tiny, soft chewy treats for your dog. Do not bring dry dog food or dry biscuits. They will not motivate him / her in class. We recommend hot dogs, chicken, freeze dried liver, string cheese etc.
- Unsafe or harsh handling of dogs is not permitted.
- Dogs must not be aggressive to people or other dogs.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive or disruptive behavior such as barking, lunging, staring down or otherwise intimidating other dogs will not be permitted in class. If your dog is not ready for a group class, we reserve the right to dismiss him/her from class. Pro-rated refunds may be available in this situation.
- Please arrive in time for your class and wait outside or in the lobby until called in for your class.
- Dogs must be supervised by an owner/handler at all times.
- Dogs must remain on leash unless authorized by an instructor.
- Handlers must clean up after their dogs and dispose of waste properly.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Female dogs in heat may be allowed in class on a case by case basis. If your female goes into heat during your class session, talk with your instructor.